Join the team at Melbourne Assessment Prison or Metropolitan Remand Centre
Prison officers support prisoners with their rehabilitation so that prisoners can be constructive members of the community when they are released. At the same time, prison officers keep prison facilities, prisoners and staff, safe and secure.
The skills prison officers have
To thrive in this job, you will need to be an effective communicator with a good level of empathy and resilience. Integrity and honesty are vital qualities, along with professionalism, situational awareness and the ability to follow procedures. You will also need to have emotional intelligence so you can be a consistent role model who makes considered decisions under pressure.
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or hold Australian permanent residency.
- Hold a current Victorian driver’s license (minimum P2 category) and be willing to obtain a first-aid certificate.
- Undergo pre-employment checks that may include national police checks, misconduct screening and traffic offences.
- A level of health and fitness is required. Learn more by taking a close look at this fact sheet and by completing a self-assessment .
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply. The Department of Justice and Community Safety is continually working towards increasing our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) workforce. This support includes a culturally appropriate attraction and recruitment process. To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to building a workforce that promotes diversity and inclusion. We recognise the value a diverse workforce has on building and maintaining a safe and secure work environment for all. We strongly encourage expressions of interest across all cultural backgrounds, genders and abilities.
- Find out more about what you will do on the job at, correctionsjobs.vic.gov.au/prison-officers
- Read the position description here
- Let us know if you have any questions by emailing email@example.com
Once you start the application, it needs to be completed and submitted in one sitting. Allow 30 - 60 minutes to complete the application form. Learn more about the application process.
Applications close at midnight, on Sunday 2 October 2022