On this page,
Roles at Rivergum
Reporting to Rivergum’s operations manager, team leaders manage specialist case workers and activities coordinators responsible for the day-to-day monitoring and supervision of residents.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrate your leadership skills by developing and maintaining a culture that supports treatment and rehabilitation within a therapeutic framework.
- Utilise your well-developed interpersonal skills to proactively contribute to Rivergum’s therapeutic model in reducing the risk of reoffending.
- Have an understanding of the department’s policies and practices, and relevant legislation and have an ability to apply them in an operational setting.
- Be motivated and committed to work with offenders towards their rehabilitation goals.
Specialist Case Workers (SCWs)
- Use your proven problem solving skills to supervise, monitor and motivate residents at Rivergum and apply your well-developed pro-social modelling skills.
- Report incidents and breaches as required in accordance with reporting procedures.
- Utilise your trade qualifications and specialised skills to work on projects with residents to improve their personal and life skills, and enhance a resident’s transitional opportunities.
- Perform shift work on a 24/7 operating model, likely seven or eight days of work per fortnight amounting to 76 hours.
Undertaking personalised activities is a fundamental element of the therapeutic rehabilitation of Rivergum residents. As the activities coordinator, you will work closely with occupational therapists, senior clinicians, specialist case managers and specialist case workers to coordinate all facets of these activities.
Evaluating the effectiveness of the activities program will be a critical part of the job. You will again work with colleagues to ensure the residents are engaged in activities that put them on track to achieving their rehabilitation goals, which are aimed at improving their personal development, life skills and transitional opportunities.
Rivergum will also be recruiting specialist case managers, senior clinicians, administration and quality assurance staff in the coming months. If you're interested in these positions, please get in contact with Daniel Wood on (03) 8684 0154.
Considering a move to Ararat?
Ararat is set in a beautiful part of the world and has a little something for all comers – from stunning scenery and top notch wineries, to great schools and museums.
The township kicked off in the glory days of the gold rush, but the more recent arrival of new working residents has given Ararat a fresh vibrancy and solidified the strong sense of community. Have a quick read of our profile on Ararat by hitting the button below to learn why it’s such a great place to live when you’re working in corrections.